Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cocker Spaniel




To Dad

The nickname of the "Merry Cocker" is well deserved, for he is a happy, friendly, enthusiastic character whose tail never stops wagging. A keen worker, he is just as ready to pour his energy into the role as a family pet. This is a lively and loving dog that needs company. He is devoted to his owners, sociable with visitors, and good with children. Indeed, his kindness and working intelligence make him a great hearing ear dog, support for the disabled, and threapy dog. Outgoing yet gentle, he needs attention, exercise and grooming. Spaniels developed to assist falconers and later shooters by finding, flushing, and retrieveing game. The smallest of the land spaniels, the English Cocker was reckognized as a seperate breed in 1892.

4 comments:

Tristen said...

You described cockers exactly! I had a cocker spaniel growing up and he was the most loveable, friendly dog. He was like a member of the family! You must know a cocker spaniel to have been able to describe them so well!

Mindy said...

Wow, that sounds like a great dog. I can't wait for one to join our family. Thanks for all the useful information. And, YES, I would love for you to have the opportunity to have the same dog I first had when I was growing up. I love you both. Happy Valentine's Day! Love,

Dad

Marianna said...

Oh my gosh, you're so lucky!!! I can't wait for you to get her. How long do you have to wait? I can't wait to come over and play with her! Have you thought of a name yet?

Love,

Adri

Mindy said...

dear,sierra that is relly cool that you have that picturthat is all I relly wanid to say
love,
skyla