Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Dog...... NAMED!

Now that news spread about me getting a dog, there has been one question that I could not answer. That was: 'What was her name?' I could not answer Fluffy, the name the peeople who sold to us had made up, because our family hated that name. (No offence people who like that name or people who sold the puppy to us.) We were definatly going to change it. We always had to say 'She doesn't have one.' I one day typed a e-mail to Dad saying that we would better name that dog. He said that we shoud look up maps of Alaska (we used to live there) and find some cool names on those. So, Dad, Uncle Geoff and I looked at cool names of cities and rivers and mountains. We found a looong list. Mom wanted Shasta. I wanted Aspen. So did Skyla. I decided to take a poll. 6 people wanted Aspen, 3 people wanted Shasta, and 1 person wanted Luciana. I sent Dad an e-mail about how the poll went. I still wanted Aspen. I told him that in my e-mail, too. In his e-mail he sent back, he needed a nickname to agree for the name. I sent him another e-mail saying probably Aspy or Asp. He sent back another e-mail saying that he would let Skyla and I decide what the puppy's name should be. We wanted Aspen. Hooray! The dog was named! Except we did a lot of hard work for nothing!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I love the name Sierra! And the poll was fun to take. I'm glad your dad let you two name her!