Thursday, December 27, 2007

Labrador Retriever


To Christy, Chris, and Savannah




This amazing gundog is not only excellent in the shooting field but also as a guide dog, sniffer dog, life saving search and rescue dog, service dog,- and one of the most popular family dogs. However, those achievements depend upon good breeding and excellent training. Dependable breeders try to produce a good personality and shape. Even the best bred Labs can be real troublemakers left to make their own decisions. These are strong, active dogs whose intelligence needs training. Given sensible owners, Labs are great companions and reliable dogs, very trainable and adaptable.
This breed originated in Canada as a water dog. But it was in the 19th century in Britain that it's retrieving skills made it the sportsman's favorite.

1 comment:

Christina said...

Very nice Sierra. Thank you for giving me more information about my dog and Grandma's dog. Labs are able to do so many things and be so helpful, so what happened to my dog, Canyon? I guess the key was when I read that it requires a lot of training! :) I guess I have slacked in that area. But it is good to know that if I work with him long enough, he will be able to do so many things.
Thanks again!
Love, Aunt Christy, Uncle Chris, & Savannah!!!